Fan speed coordinates with cooling demand for even greater efficiency.
Available in select packaged rooftop units and split condensing units, Allied Commercial Single-Zone VAV (Variable Air Volume) technology brings advanced thinking, thoughtful design and energy efficiency together.
Everything works as one.
Equipment with Single-Zone VAV can operate with impressive efficiency by using one simple principle: eliminating wasted effort.
Conventional rooftop units and split condensing units typically supply more airflow than is needed. Single-Zone VAV-equipped units precisely coordinate fan speed with the current demand for cooling, reducing energy demand.
Single-Zone VAV technology allows the fan and compressor to work together in two different stages.
- The first, most efficient stage uses only one of two refrigerant circuits, and runs the fan at 67% of its full capacity.
- The second stage, used during high demand, activates both refrigerant circuits and runs the fan at full speed.
Use the Single-Zone VAV Calculator to show you how much you can save over time. Simply fill in your information and watch the savings add up.Calculate Savings
Advantages of Single-Zone VAV
- Substantial energy savings of up to 61%.*
- Since the first stage operates at a lower cooling output, it allows air to circulate longer for up to 29% better humidity control.*
- Reduced equipment wear over time.
- Plenty of additional capacity is available should demand increase.
- Achieves or exceeds the supply fan requirements for ASHRAE 90.1 – 2010 and California Title 24.
Energy performance of
Even though energy use is only 39% customers will still enjoy 67% CFM for better dehumidification and even more energy savings.
*Part load, IEER improvement at 67% air flow when compared to full load.